Online Services Account – Terms and Conditions for Businesses
- I certify that I am duly authorized to register with the Oneida Indian Nation Department of Taxation (ONTax), and to act on behalf of my company or business with respect to its Online Services Account maintained by ONTax.
- I understand and agree that my Online Services Account username and password are selected by me for the purpose of enabling me to conduct Online Services Account functions with ONTax on behalf of my company or business.
- I understand and agree that I am responsible for keeping the username and password confidential, and must not allow any other person to use them for any reason.
- With the express permission of my company or business, I am authorized to access all of the company’s or business’ tax information that is currently available with an Online Services Account, or will be available in the future, to receive confidential information from the Tax Department, and to conduct transactions on behalf of my company or business using the Account (e.g., filing tax returns and other tax documents, initiating electronic payments).
- If I provide Electronic Communication Authorization on behalf of my company or business, I am agreeing that my company or business will receive the indicated tax-related documents and communications electronically I agree and understand that communications may be made by telephone, by email or facsimile or by physical (postal) mail. I further agree that it will be my responsibility to log in to Online Services to provide updates to my physical and e-mail addresses, as necessary, and also to periodically check for new account activity, even if an e-mail alerting to new account activity has not been received. ONTax will never request that my company provide sensitive personal information, such as social security numbers, Taxpayer ID numbers, bank account numbers, PINS, user names, or passwords via email.
- My company (or business) and I are jointly responsible for the security of the company’s or business‘ Online Services Account. My company or business and I can be held responsible for any access gained and/or any transactions attempted or completed by any unauthorized person who gains access to the Online Services Account as a result of a failure to safeguard my username and password.
- I will immediately report to my company or business and ONTax (by calling 315-366-9393) any information that would lead a reasonable person to believe that an unauthorized person had obtained access to any username and password duly authorized pursuant to these Terms and Conditions.
- I will not use my username and password for personal use. I will only use them for the purpose of Online Services Account functions and performing job-related activities authorized by my company or business.
- This agreement will be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Oneida Indian Nation. I hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the Oneida Indian Nation Court on behalf of myself and my company or business.
- I understand that I am required to agree to the Acceptable Use Policy for Users of oneidanationtax.com.
- I understand that ONTax may change these Terms and Conditions of Use at any time. I am responsible for checking these terms periodically for changes. If I continue to use an Online Services Account after ONTax posts changes, I am signifying acceptance of the new terms.
- I understand ONTax reserves the right, in its sole discretion, and at any time, to terminate my access to my Online Services Account without liability to me or any third party. In addition, access to the site may be monitored by ONTax.
- I understand actual or attempted unauthorized use of any service offered through an Online Services Account may result in penalties, including, without limitation, revocation of my License and Certificate of Authority. ONTax reserves the right to view, monitor and record activity or use of all services offered through an Online Services Account without notice or permission from me or my company. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity while using an Online Services Account.
I understand ONTax may discontinue, edit, delete or change any service offered through an Online Services Account, including, but not limited to:
- restricting availability times
- restricting compatibility to certain computer software or hardware
- restricting amounts of use permitted
- restricting, suspending or terminating a user’s right to use any or all of the services offered through an Online Services Account at the ONTax’s sole discretion and without prior notice or liability.